Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened"

It was always my intention to review video games on this blog as well, however i havent really been playing any games recently.

I was recently informed by best buy however, that in order to keep my credit card with them, i must purchase something. Go figure. they want some money from interest! at any rate...i walked into best buy and couldnt find anything that tickled my fancy. I figured id just pick up a random adventure game for as cheap as possible and be done with it. I found Sherlock Holmes the Awakened.

This game has a heavy Cthulhu influence, which is a good thing, seeing as how im reading about Lovecraft in school. You can almost see Cthulhu in the title screen.


I believe the graphics for this game are pretty decent for a slightly older adventure game without much publicity.



I havent nearly completed this game whatsoever...but i do have two complaints i wanted to get off my chest.

first off, this game crashes. a lot. ive done everything i could to look up patches and others with this problem, and there are quite a few. No patches however. This game either causes the computer to freeze up, or sometimes just exits and dumps you to desktop. Heavy saving is required if you plan on making a run for the end of it.

The other thing that caught me off guard at first were the quizzes that i didnt know id have to answer.



i realize this is a detective adventure game...but a little bit of warning about having to keep notes from the dialogue would have been nice.

at any rate. rating withheld until completion!

No comments: