Saturday, July 25, 2009

Can't wait for football season to start

No. Seriously. I can't wait. There are those who say that football is just a stupid game...possibly even a barbaric sport. There are others who enjoy the game, and still others who say that football is a religion...the gods of the gridiron need be bowed to at least once a week to ensure the victory of your team.

I say they are all wrong.

Football is a way of life. A way of looking at, and thinking about the world that is TAUGHT on the field, yet the concepts of which stretch into all aspects of life. I choose not to elaborate on that at this time. Perhaps another post.

The point of this whole post is thus: the Tampa Bay Buccaneers begin spring training soon. All well and good. There are high hopes for this season. We have a whole new set of coaches, and so many new weapons on offense that we will at least be a fun team to watch going down the stretch (I predict many close losses).

In addition, the new game of Madden is coming out soon. This game looks so incredible, I can't wait to get my hands on it. In preparation for doing so however, I have chosen to do something I have never done before...but meant to many times. I am playing the last version of Madden, without cheating at all. In the slightest. I can do this for single games, no problem. Occasionally however, during a season of play, there are mistakes that are made, and games that are lost closely. I typically will use rewinds or some other such thing on these games to make my winning percentage look better.

No more. I will play with no rewinds and I will accept all defeats and victories as they come. I will not cheat the CPU out of it's draft picks, nor will I intiate trades that I know would never happen in real life.

In short. I will be simulating real life football.

Wish me luck.

So far I've gone through the first half of the preseason. A commanding victory against the dolphins and a squeaker victory against the patriots. It's going to be a fun go at things though, I must admit.

update: gone through the preseason. I ended up 3 and 1, with the sole loss coming against the Jaguars (they actually manhandled me...but that was because I put the level up to all-madden). So far, the first two games into the season, Ive killed both the Saints and the Falcons. I'm considering moving the game up to All-madden permanently. All-pro is too easy, in general I kill the teams unless i make a string of bad mistakes (i.e. what i usually used the rewinds for). All-madden kills me though. I suppose it will end up being a learning process. Ill get some good draft picks though :)

No comments: